Halloween family fun starts this week
Get ready for a weekend of parties, movies, trick or treating and carnivals. The fun starts this week!
- Whitefish Stage Organic Farms welcomes everyone to experience its 4,000 bale straw maze Saturday and Sunday starting at 11 a.m. Other activities include a giant pumpkin patch, barrel train ride, hay wagon ride, spider jump, farm animals, barn jungle gym, playground and more.
- A free Great Pumpkin Halloween celebration will be hosted by Cabela’s in Kalispell from Oct. 25 to 31. Get your photo taken with the Peanuts gang for $5. Hours are noon to 5 p.m. weekends; 5 to 7 p.m. weekdays, and 4 to 8 p.m. on Halloween, Oct. 31. Bring the kids for different Halloween crafts daily and a Halloween ring toss game. A costume parade takes place at 3:30 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 26. On Halloween trick or treat from 4 to 8 p.m. and join the costume parade at 6 p.m.
- The Fritz Corn Maze promises thrills at its Haunted Trail and Haunted Barn from 7 to 10 p.m. Friday, Oct. 25, Saturday, Oct. 26, Oct. 31 and Nov. 1. Be scared by zombies, chain-saw guys, gorillas and other creepy creatures of the night. Get your picture taken at the Halloween photo booth. Hot drinks and treats are available for purchase. The cost is $8 per person.
FRIDAY, OCT. 25
- Flathead Lake Brewing in Bigfork hosts a family-friendly movie night showing Tim Burton’s “The Nightmare Before Christmas” on a big screen in the Cellar. Show times are at 5 and 7 p.m. Chicago-style deep-dish pizza will be served and tables will have Halloween-themed coloring pages for the kids.
- Libby Elementary PTO presents the 2019 Harvest Dance starting at 6 p.m., featuring food and music. Everyone is welcome to wear your Halloween costume.
SATURDAY, OCT. 26
- The Kalispell Elks Lodge invites the young and young at heart to its annual pumpkin-carving event at 10:30 a.m. Bring your kids and grandkids and join in on the fun. The Elks Lodge is located at 1820 U.S. Hwy 93 S. For more information, call the Lodge after 4 p.m. at 257-6474.
- Deer Park School in Columbia Falls invites families to come to its Harvest Carnival at 11 a.m. There will be carnival games, crafts, a Haunted House, cupcake walk, face painting and more.
- New Life Church in Polson puts on a Pumpkin Patch Bash from 1 to 4 p.m. Enjoy a Trunk or Treat, carnival, live music, food trucks and candy.
- The Marion Fire District fire fighters host a Halloween celebration at 180 Gopher Lane. A Halloween Carnival and Haunted Basement are open from 5 to 7 p.m. ($2 admission). At 7:30 p.m. watch the R-rated horror movie, “The Conjuring.” (Admission is free for the movie.) Snacks will be for sale. (Parental permission is needed for those under 17.)
- Sprouts Club Drop in Playcare and Playhouse invites parents to drop off their little ones in costume for a Halloween party at 7 p.m. There will be glow sticks, a bounce house and fun for everyone.
SUNDAY, OCT. 27
- The First Presbyterian Church of Kalispell hosts a free Halloween Carnival from 5 to 6:30 p.m. for kids of all ages. There will be games, candy, crafts and a pizza dinner. The church is located at 540 S. Main St. in Kalispell.
Editor’s note: A complete roundup of Halloween activities happening on Oct. 31 and beyond will be published in the Oct. 31 This Week in the Flathead.